“you” or “your” (including upper or lower case instances of these words in the Terms) refers to any individual accessing and using the Site and Digital products and services whether as a registered user or guest.
“user” refers to individuals who are registered users/subscribers of the Site by virtue of having an account with an associated unique user ID and password for accessing the Site(s) and using the Digital products and services.
“us” and “Company (including upper or lower case instances of these words in the Terms) refers to the collection of entities ( Orkids Education Systems Pvt Ltd & Orkids Foundation) that own or operate the Site and offer the Digital products and services in the countries in which the Digital products and services can be lawfully offered.
“Site” means the collection of websites, applications, and platforms owned or operated by us, including without limitation, www.orkidsped.com, and/or orkids.in, android and iOS applications offering the same or similar functionality as offered via the above domain.
“Digital products and services” means the various digital products and services offered via or through the Site from time to time.
“Personal Data” means data, whether true or not, about you from which you can be identified and any of which you provide to us, is deemed to be provided consensually, including without limitation, your personal details and payment information.
“User Information/ Data” means information you provide to us as part of registration and in the course of using the Orkids products and services, and includes, without limitation, UGC.
“User Generated Content” or “UGC” means any content created, generated, uploaded by, or originating from or through you that is available at or through the Site or Digital products and services, including without limitation content and logs of communications between you and other users of the Site or us.
5. Although we may attempt to notify you when major changes are made to these Terms of Service, you should periodically review the most up-to-date version. Orkids may, in its sole discretion, modify or revise these Terms of Service and policies at any time, and you agree to be bound by such modifications or revisions. Nothing in these Terms of Service shall be deemed to confer any third-party rights or benefits.
7. In order to access some features of the Service provided by Orkids, you will have to create a User Account. You may never use another’s account without permission. When creating your account, you must provide accurate and complete information. You are solely responsible for the activity that occurs on your account, and you must keep your account password secure. You must notify Orkids immediately of any breach of security or unauthorized use of your account. Although the company will not be liable for your losses caused by any unauthorized use of your account, you may be liable for the losses of The Company or others due to such unauthorized use.
8. The contents of www.orkidsped.com/ www.orkids.in, and of all other websites under the Company’s control, whether partial or otherwise or partner websites such as text, graphics, images, logos, button icons, software and other Content, are protected under both India and foreign copyright, trademark and other laws. All Content is the property of the Company. The compilation (meaning the collection, arrangement and assembly) of all content on the Orkids website are the exclusive property of the Company and protected by Indian and international copyright / trademark laws. The User/Subscriber/Visitor to the site and/or its affiliated websites does hereby specifically agree that he/she shall, at all times, comply with the requirements of the Information Technology Act, 2000 as also rules, regulations, guidelines, bye laws and notifications made there under, while assessing or feeding any resume/ insertion or information/data into the computers, computer systems. The said User/ subscriber/ visitor to www.orkidsped.com and/or www.orkids.in and/or its affiliated websites does further unequivocally declare that in case he violates any provisions of the Information Technology Act, 2000 and/or rules, regulations, guidelines, byelaws and notifications made thereunder, he shall alone be responsible for all his acts, deeds and things and that he alone shall be liable for civil and criminal liability there under or under any other law for the time being in force.
• In any way that violates any applicable law or regulation (including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from India or other countries).
• For the purpose of exploiting, harming or attempting to exploit or harm minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personal information or otherwise.
• To delete or alter any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices from copies of materials from the Website.
• To transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material, including any “junk mail”, “chain letter” or “spam” or any other similar solicitation.
• To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of the Website, or which, as determined by us, may harm the Company or users of the Website or expose them to liability.
Additionally, you agree not to:
• Use the Website in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the site or interfere with any other party’s use of the Website, including their ability to engage in real time activities through the Website.
• Use any robot, spider or other automatic device, process or means to access the Website for any purpose, including searching, monitoring or copying any of the material on the Website.
• Use any manual process to monitor or copy any of the material on the Website or for any other unauthorized purpose without our prior written consent.
• Use any device, software or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Website.
• Reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble, or otherwise tamper with the Website software or content to, among other things, create derivative works.
• Introduce any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful.
• Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage or disrupt any parts of the Website, the server on which the Website is stored, or any server, computer or database connected to the Website.
• Attack the Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
• Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website.
11. Content is provided to you AS IS. You may access Content for your information and personal use solely as intended through the provided functionality of the Platform and as permitted under these Terms of Service. You shall not download any Content unless you see a “download” or similar link displayed on the website for that Content. You shall not copy, reproduce, make available online or electronically transmit, publish, adapt, distribute, transmit, broadcast, display, sell, license, or otherwise exploit any Content for any other purposes without the prior written consent of Orkids.
13. Purchase Qualifications; Account Security
To make a purchase on Orkids website, you must comply with these Terms of Service/Sale. You acknowledge that you are responsible for maintaining the security of, and restricting access to, your account and password, and you agree to accept responsibility for all purchases/ registration and other activities that occur under your account. Orkids reserves the right to refuse or cancel orders at any time in its sole discretion.
Termination by you: You may, at any point in time, choose to terminate your subscription to a service by sending us an e-mail. Such termination will not change any amounts due to us.
15. Termination by Orkids
Breach of any of the terms of this Agreement constitutes a termination of the Agreement. Any and all amounts due under this Agreement shall survive the Terms of this Agreement.
16. If you fail, or Orkids suspects that you have failed, to comply with any of the provisions of the Terms, including but not limited to failure to make payment of fees due, failure to provide Orkids with a valid credit card or with accurate and complete Registration Data, failure to safeguard your Account information, violation of the Usage Rules or any license to the software, or infringement or other violation of third parties’ rights, Orkids, after notice of 07 days to rectify such failure to you, may terminate your subscription and/or your Account if such failure on your part still continues. No refunds will be issued for early Termination.
17. Refund incase of incorrect fee payment
Services purchased will not be refunded or changed to another program on grounds of incorrect selection at the time of purchase.
18. Refund incase of server error
In case the same service is purchased twice due to some server error, the following refund rules will apply. If the Client informs us within 7 days, full refund would be done thereafter he/she would be provided with a credit note.
19. Payment Method and Terms
We currently accept the following forms of payment:
For offline payment:
• Demand draft in favour of “_Orkids Education Systems Pvt Ltd /or Orkids Foundation” payable at New Delhi
For online payment:
• Credit cards and certain Debit cards
• Direct Debit of accounts with certain banks
Note: By submitting an order through Orkids website, you authorize the Company, or its designated payment processor, to charge the account you specify for the purchase amount.
20. The Company reserves the right to offer third party services and products to You based on the preferences that You identify in your registration and at any time thereafter; such offers may be made by the Company or by third parties.
21. You are solely responsible for your Account information, content, messages or other information (“User Content”) that You submit, publish or display (hereinafter, “post”) on this website or transmit to other Users. By posting User Content to this website, You automatically grant, and You represent and warrant that You have the right to grant, to the company an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, fully paid, worldwide license to use, copy, perform, display, and distribute such User Content and to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, such User Content, and to grant and authorize sublicenses thereof.
22. The Company does not represent or guarantee the truthfulness, accuracy, or reliability of User Content or any other communications posted by Users or endorse any opinions expressed by Users. You acknowledge that any reliance on material posted by other Users will be at your own risk.
24. The user expressly states that the resume/insertion or information/ data being uploaded by the user is correct and complete in all respects and does not contain any false, distorted, manipulated, fraudulent or misleading facts or averments. The Company expressly disclaims any liability arising out of the said resume insertion/information/ data so uploaded by the user. Further, the user agrees to indemnify the Company for all losses incurred by the Company due to any false, distorted, manipulated, defamatory, libelous, vulgar, obscene, fraudulent or misleading facts or otherwise objectionable averments made by the user on the website.
25. The user is responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the Account and passwords. The user shall be responsible for all uses of your Web Site registrations and passwords, whether or not authorized by the user. The user further agrees to immediately notify the Company of any unauthorized use of your Account, and passwords.
26. The company does not warrant that the website will operate error-free or that any of its servers are free of computer viruses or other harmful mechanisms. If your use of any Orkids site or the content results in the need for servicing or replacing equipment or data, the company is not responsible for those costs. The contents are provided on an “as is” basis without any warranties of any kind. The company, to the fullest extent permitted by law, disclaims all warranties, whether express or implied, including the warranty of merchantability, fitness for particular purpose and non-infringement. The company makes no warranties about the accuracy, reliability, completeness, or timeliness of the content, services, software, text, graphics, and links.
27. The company would not be held liable for any loss of data, technical or otherwise, information, particulars supplied by the subscriber, due the reasons beyond its control like corruption of data or delay or failure to perform as a result of any causes or conditions that are beyond the company’s reasonable control including but not limited to strike, civil unrest, Govt. policies, tampering of data by unauthorized persons like hackers, war and natural calamities.
28. The company’s maximum liability arising out of or in connection with this website or your use of the content, regardless of the cause of action (whether in contract, tort, breach of warranty or otherwise), will not exceed Rs.1000.
29. www.orkidsped.com and/or www.orkids.in may contain links to third party web sites. These links are provided solely as a convenience to You and not as an endorsement by the Company of the contents on such third-party Web sites. The Company is not responsible for the content of linked third-party sites and does not make any representations regarding the content or accuracy of materials on such third party Web sites. If You decide to access linked third-party Web sites, You do so at your own risk.
35. For Courses and workshops:
All cancellations received
At least 4 weeks before the start of the course, registration refunds are subject to a 5% cancellation fee,
Up to 3 weeks before the start of the course, registration refunds are subject to a 30% cancellation fee,
Up to 2 weeks before the start of the course, registration refunds are subject to a 50% cancellation fee.
No refunds will be made for requests received after that time.
Cancellation requests must be received in writing by
e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or
by post (16/7, Kalkaji. New Delhi-110019 ATTN: Course Coordinator)
Refunds will be issued in the same form as the payment was made. Please allow two weeks for processing. Registrants who cancel will not receive course materials.